You are invited to participate in a FREE educational training sponsored by Nebraska Extension, Hastings Museum, and Raising Nebraska. This training is open to any adult that works with youth...
We want you & your innovation!
At Raising Nebraska’s “Mystery Foods Event”, youth will network and discover careers in nutrition and food science, learn where their food originates while creating an appetizer with surprise ingredients highlighting Nebraska products.
Friday, June 12, 2015
Event runs from 8:00am – 3:30pm (Exact schedule will be sent to participating teams)
- Youth will network and discover careers in nutrition & food science
- Youth make an appetizer on location including surprise ingredients
- Appetizer must have one but could include all five surprise ingredients
- Youth participate in teams of 2 to 4 members
- Divisions include:
- Division 1: 10—14 year olds
- Division 2: 15—18 years olds
- Limit of 10 teams per division
- Entry Fee: $15.00 per team
- Overall Winner
- Best Use of Surprise Ingredients
- Most Nutritious
- Best Appearance
- Best Use of Nebraska Foods